Thai festival to return to Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A festival that promises to bring the magic of Thailand to Norwich is returning to Eaton Park this summer.
The Norwich Thai Festival, organised by Magic of Thailand, will be at the city park on July 13 and 14 and a licensing application has been submitted to Norwich City Council.
Event organisers say attendees will understand why "Thailand is known as the land of smiles", and plan to host authentic Thai cuisine, traditional dances, Muay Thai boxing demos and workshops, a Buddhist monk ceremony, Thai massages and family friendly "lady boy" shows among other activities and spectacles.
Members of the public have until June 5 to comment on the application.
The festival event page states the event runs from 10am to 7pm on both Saturday and Sunday, with entry for adults starting at £4 and children under 15 going free.
Online tickets are available now and will also be available for £5 on the gate.
The Norwich Thai festival took place at the same venue in September last year.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 6 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 7 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 10 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene