Do you recognise these voices? Norwich statues brought to life by celebrities and city folk
- Credit: Archant
The voices of two Norwich statues have been chosen after hundreds of people from across the county entered a competition to join Stephen Fry and Olivia Coleman in voicing them.
Talking Statues is year-long project which brings Norwich UNESCO City of Literature to life through its statues.
Creative Nation and the Norwich-based National Centre for Writing launched an open competition for children and adults to write a short tale for the Snap the Dragon statue at the Bridewell Museum and for the 'Missing statue' at the Church of St John Maddermarket.
Amelia Platt, 16, from Litcham School and Tom Carver, an actor, will lend their voices to the statues.
Stephen Fry has written and voiced the statue of Lord Nelson and Olivia Coleman has provided the voice for Julian of Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Platt said: 'I hope people enjoy listening to Snap's story as much as I enjoyed writing it.
'I'm so excited to have won this competition and can't wait for people to hear my monologue for Snap.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us
Here is the full list of statues and their voices;
•Lord Nelson: written and voiced by Stephen Fry
•Mother Julian: written by Sarah Perry, voiced by Olivia Coleman
•Amelia Opie: written by Megan Bradbury, voiced by Zoe Telford
•Thomas Browne: written by George Szirtes, voiced by Adam Buxton
•Peter the Wild Boy: written by Alexander Gordon Smith, voiced by Keith Skipper
•Will Kemp: written and voiced by Luke Wright
•City Hall Lions: written by Carl Minns, voiced by the Nimmo Twins
•Peace Statues: written and voiced by Molly Naylor
•Snap the Norwich Dragon: written by Amelia Platt voiced by Joe Darybshire
•Missing Statue at St John's Church at Maddermarket: written by Tom Carver, voiced by Helen McDermott