Norwich sports centre holds its first open tournament
- Credit: Sarah Medler
Scores of people enjoyed taking part in Wensum Sports Centre's first WSC Open Tournament at the weekend.
The event at the venue in King Street, Norwich, took place over both Saturday and Sunday.
Sarah Medler, manager at the centre, said: 'The tournament was a success with 75 people participating over the two days.'
She added: 'WSC will be hosting similar tournaments throughout the year with the next tournament currently being planned for late spring.'
Kevin Clint and Chi Shan Chan won the mixed doubles badminton and the runners up were Henry Dellar and Jessica Rutherford. Richard Hall won the men's squash competition and the runner up was Jorg Rosswinkel. Tajul Talukdar and Rakib Imam won the men's doubles badminton and the runners up were Andy Winkworth and Paul Wright. The men's table tennis winner was James Stanford and the runner up was Janos Horvath.
You may also want to watch:
For more about Wensum Sports Centre, visit www.wensumsports.com
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school