Norwich sports centre holds its first open tournament
- Credit: Sarah Medler
Scores of people enjoyed taking part in Wensum Sports Centre's first WSC Open Tournament at the weekend.
The event at the venue in King Street, Norwich, took place over both Saturday and Sunday.
Sarah Medler, manager at the centre, said: 'The tournament was a success with 75 people participating over the two days.'
She added: 'WSC will be hosting similar tournaments throughout the year with the next tournament currently being planned for late spring.'
Kevin Clint and Chi Shan Chan won the mixed doubles badminton and the runners up were Henry Dellar and Jessica Rutherford. Richard Hall won the men's squash competition and the runner up was Jorg Rosswinkel. Tajul Talukdar and Rakib Imam won the men's doubles badminton and the runners up were Andy Winkworth and Paul Wright. The men's table tennis winner was James Stanford and the runner up was Janos Horvath.
You may also want to watch:
For more about Wensum Sports Centre, visit www.wensumsports.com
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 10 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration