Norwich skating show goes on despite melted ice rink
'The show must go on' was the message as dozens of skaters performed in inches of water after soaring temperatures melted their ice rink.
Planet Ice Norwich hosted its annual skating exhibition on Sunday.
In the days leading up to the event, which has become a popular fixture at the Hellesdon rink, the ice had melted and parts of the rink had to be cordoned off.
The dilemma did not deter the skaters, however, and they still performed in front of an audience of 220 people.
Hayley Bond, who organised the show, said: 'The skaters were absolutely amazing, they completely rose their game and didn't let it get them down at all.
You may also want to watch:
'I think it's the best I've ever seen them skate and the water actually made it look spectacular.'
The show saw 50-plus skaters perform group, solo and paired routines. Performances included a group of five-year-olds, who only started skating six months ago, skating to Cinderella's Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo dressed as mice.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
Skaters also took to the ice with kites, dressed as penguins and in costume as good and bad angels.
It is believed there was about two inches of water on the rink.