Choir hosts singing session to celebrate LGBT achievements
- Credit: Archant
A choir is hosting a free singing session in celebration of LGBT month.
The Sing with Pride choir is at the Elms on Unthank Road on Thursday, February 21 at 7pm.
At the event, called Sing Out for LGBT History Month, the musical director Charlie Caine will teach people a variety of short songs including Something Inside So Strong which was written by Labi Siffre about his struggles about coming out as a young man, and later became an anthem of the anti-apartheid movement in South Africa in the 1980s.
Stevie Savage, chair of Sing with Pride, said: 'We're here to create a safe space for LGBT people to sing with friends and we welcome anyone who enjoys singing at any level.
'This is the perfect opportunity to try us out, it will be fun, free and there's lots of homemade cake in the break.'
You may also want to watch:
For more information go to www.singwithpride.org.uk
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as developer donates £50,000 to lifeboats