Norwich School pupils to perform The Winter’s Tale for the Young Norfolk Arts Festival
- Credit: submitted
Norwich School pupils are set to perform Shakespeare's The Winter's Tale for this year's Young Norfolk Arts Festival.
Mattie Ziegler, a former professional actress and current director of drama at Norwich School, directed the first YNAF Norwich School Shakespeare production as part of last year's festival, and she is currently beginning preparations for this year's show which she hopes will be even bigger and better.
The Winter's Tale is a Shakespearian drama set in Sicily and the cast will comprise of members of the sixth form, many of who enjoyed performing in last year's Much Ado About Nothing.
Along with the play, there will be workshops for the cast, including a visit from Mattie's professional agent and a four-day Shakespeare outreach programme for people in Norfolk.
The play will take place in the Cathedral Cloisters which 'is an incredibly moving and setting which adds a timeless sense of history to the performance', says Mattie.
You may also want to watch:
Like last year, the school aims to get pupils involved with the wider aspects of the performance such as the music and setting.
The show hopes to engage with young people across the county and is designed to be a 'magical thriller.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 8 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 10 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
There will be three performances, one on June 29 and two on June 30 and tickets will be available through the YNAF box office.
• To find out more visit www.ynaf.org.uk or follow the festival on Twitter at @YN_AF