Norwich Samaritans holding weekend drop-in day for budding volunteers
- Credit: Submitted
Budding volunteers can learn more about becoming a Samaritan at a weekend drop-in event.
The Norwich branch of the Samaritans is holding an information day on Saturday, April 7, at 19 St Stephen's Square.
People do not need to call up beforehand and can turn up on the day.
Registration starts at 9.30am and the main event takes place from 10am-noon.
The day is aimed at potential volunteers but it is also aimed at people who want to come along and find out more about what the Samaritans does.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Samaritans has been running for more than 50 years and helps people in distress and despair 24/7.
During 2016, Norwich volunteers had contact with more than 45,000 people.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 10 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
They responded to more than 1,500 emails, answered more than 3,000 text messages and met with 600 people.
To contact the Samaritans call 116123 or visit www.samaritans.org