Norwich Samaritans holding weekend drop-in day for budding volunteers
- Credit: Submitted
Budding volunteers can learn more about becoming a Samaritan at a weekend drop-in event.
The Norwich branch of the Samaritans is holding an information day on Saturday, April 7, at 19 St Stephen's Square.
People do not need to call up beforehand and can turn up on the day.
Registration starts at 9.30am and the main event takes place from 10am-noon.
The day is aimed at potential volunteers but it is also aimed at people who want to come along and find out more about what the Samaritans does.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Samaritans has been running for more than 50 years and helps people in distress and despair 24/7.
During 2016, Norwich volunteers had contact with more than 45,000 people.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 7 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
They responded to more than 1,500 emails, answered more than 3,000 text messages and met with 600 people.
To contact the Samaritans call 116123 or visit www.samaritans.org