Norwich’s Charlie Chaplin statue a hit Down Under
He's a hit in Norwich and now he's a hit Down Under.
Antony Arnold, who performs as Charlie Chaplin in Gentleman's Walk, has taken his act to Queensland, Australia, as part of an extended holiday.
The entertainer from Eade Road, north city, said: 'I have managed to squeeze in a spot for Charlie Chaplin's statue as well as enjoying quality time with some quality people.
'Charlie's statue is as popular here as back home, and he even got on the local news. I'd like to go back on an entertainer's visa next time and make a real splash.'
He's expected to fly back to the UK this week and added: 'Before long I'll be back on the Haymarket/Gentleman's Walk standing on my box and having lots of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?