Norwich’s Charlie Chaplin statue a hit Down Under
He's a hit in Norwich and now he's a hit Down Under.
Antony Arnold, who performs as Charlie Chaplin in Gentleman's Walk, has taken his act to Queensland, Australia, as part of an extended holiday.
The entertainer from Eade Road, north city, said: 'I have managed to squeeze in a spot for Charlie Chaplin's statue as well as enjoying quality time with some quality people.
'Charlie's statue is as popular here as back home, and he even got on the local news. I'd like to go back on an entertainer's visa next time and make a real splash.'
He's expected to fly back to the UK this week and added: 'Before long I'll be back on the Haymarket/Gentleman's Walk standing on my box and having lots of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.'
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe