Walk for Parkinson’s at Blickling Estate a ‘lovely stroll’ for Norfolk man after London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
A London Marathon runner is looking forward to a 'lovely stroll' around the Blickling Estate when he takes part in the Walk for Parkinson's.
It will be the second time Garth Ravenhill, a nurse from Norwich, has taken part in the event, which is on Saturday, May 12.
The 46-year-old was diagnosed with Parkinson's 10 years ago, and will be taking part in the 3.5-mile route.
He said: 'We're doing it again to raise as much money as we can for Parkinson's UK. The charity's helpline has been really useful to me in offering advice and the charity is helping me stay in work.
'Parkinson's has completely changed my life, and although it's affected my ability to do certain things I still have a lot to offer. I ran the London Marathon two years ago and I'm looking forward to a lovely stroll rather than a painful run.'
To support Garth, visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/garth-ravenhill4
- 1 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 8 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 9 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 10 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park