Walk for Parkinson’s at Blickling Estate a ‘lovely stroll’ for Norfolk man after London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
A London Marathon runner is looking forward to a 'lovely stroll' around the Blickling Estate when he takes part in the Walk for Parkinson's.
It will be the second time Garth Ravenhill, a nurse from Norwich, has taken part in the event, which is on Saturday, May 12.
The 46-year-old was diagnosed with Parkinson's 10 years ago, and will be taking part in the 3.5-mile route.
He said: 'We're doing it again to raise as much money as we can for Parkinson's UK. The charity's helpline has been really useful to me in offering advice and the charity is helping me stay in work.
'Parkinson's has completely changed my life, and although it's affected my ability to do certain things I still have a lot to offer. I ran the London Marathon two years ago and I'm looking forward to a lovely stroll rather than a painful run.'
To support Garth, visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/garth-ravenhill4
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move