Norwich restaurant named as best in the region
A top Norwich restaurant has been named as the best in the region.
Roger Hickman's Restaurant on Upper St Giles has been named as the East of England regional winner in the prestigious The Good Food Guide Restaurant of the Year Awards.
More than 27,500 diners nominated their favourite restaurants, pubs and caf�s from around the UK, and The Good Food Guide Award judges have chosen the regional winner.
To qualify for the awards restaurants needed to be independently-run, offering regional or local produce where possible and deliver consistently great food and excellent service.
Mr Hickman, who was head chef of the restaurant in its former incarnation as Adlard's, was delighted to be named as the winner. He said: 'I'm absolutely thrilled to win such a prestigious accolade! We are very proud of what we have achieved, so thanks go to all of our customers and those that have voted for us.'
Elizabeth Carter, consultant editor of The Good Food Guide said: 'Roger Hickman proves that fine dining need not be stuffy. His triumphant return to his old stomping ground has seen him lighten the mood. With a cordial, chatty atmosphere and superb cooking that is all about clean-cut seasonal flavours, Roger Hickman gives a masterclass in how a top local restaurant should be run.'
Roger Hickman's Restaurant is one of ten regional winners from around the UK, one of whom will go on to be named as the overall Good Food Guide Restaurant of the Year. The winner will be announced on June 23.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 3 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 4 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 5 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 6 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 7 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 8 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 9 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 10 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
For the most up-to-date and informative local restaurant reviews read Saturday's Evening News or visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/goingout.
Have you won a prestigious competition? Contact us on 01603 772485 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.