Norwich pubs make it though to national finals of Great British Pubs Awards
- Credit: Sonya Duncan- Archant
Two Norwich pubs have made it through to the finals of the Great British Pub Awards.
The Murderers, on Timber Hill have made it through to the final of the Best Freehouse of the year and The Cellar House, on Eaton Street has reached the final of Best Community Pub.
This will be the seventh consecutive year that the Murderers have been nominated for the award, having been shortlisted in four categories with 10 nominations.
The pub has already managed to pick up the Best Sports Pub Award in 2017.
The competition consists of 17 different categories including Best Student Bar and Best Family Pub.
You may also want to watch:
Both pubs will go up against six other free houses from around the country.
The lucky landlords will found out if they have won on Thursday, September 7 at The Park Lane Hilton in London.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor