Norwich pub Pig and Whistle reopens under new management after being closed for two months
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
A city centre pub has reopened under new ownership - just two months after it previously closed.
Claire and Dale Brooks, who already run The Walnut Tree Shades Pub in the city, have taken over the Pig and Whistle Pub, on All Saints Green.
The pub will be managed by former print-worker Lee Tuttle, with the official launch-opening planned this Friday.
Mr Tuttle said: 'Pub culture is as British as bangers and mash.
'We will be serving classic pub food and a variety of ales, as well as draft beers and lagers.
You may also want to watch:
'We're hoping to have local bands to play in the pub and we're getting a video jukebox.'
The Pig and Whistle closed in March this year when then landlord Simon Carpenter was convicted of three counts of fraud and ordered to pay more than £3,000 after admitting to showing football matches illegally.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
Mr Tuttle said no sport would be shown at the pub, but he hopes to attract darts and pool teams.
'We've got six dart-boards in our function room upstairs and a pool table as well,' Mr Tuttle added.
'We've also got a patio and we hope to be selling food by the end of the month.'
The pub reopened for the first time on May 3, and Mr Tuttle said there had been a good response from the public, especially during the hot weekend.
It will be open from 12-midnight and under-18s are allowed until 6pm.
The public are invited to the launch-event, though a time has not yet been confirmed.
Have you got a story? Email email@example.com