Norwich pub creates portrait of Tim Peake out of roast dinner ingredients ahead of his return to Earth
- Credit: Archant
A pub on Broadland Business Park has made a four-foot portrait of British astronaut Tim Peake out roast dinner ingredients as he prepares to leave the International Space Station.
The design was commissioned by the Fieldfare pub to celebrate Mr Peake's return to earth on Saturday, after it was revealed that a roast dinner was one of the meals he would miss the most during his six-month space mission.
The culinary creation, designed by renowned food artist, Prudence Staite, took 20 hours to build and contains 2.5 kg of roast potatoes, 500g carrots, 400g garden peas, 3kg cauliflower, 46 Yorkshire puddings, 2.5kg of meat and 1 litre of gravy.
The finished portrait weighs in at a staggering 12 kg and also features the words 'Welcome Home Tim' written in peas, carrots and gravy.
Kevin Holmes, general manager at the Fieldfare, said: 'It's been so exciting to follow Tim's journey over the last six months and to see how he has become an inspiration for adults and children of all ages.
You may also want to watch:
'We're big fans of the traditional roast dinner here at the Fieldfare, so it was great to hear that it was also one of Tim's all-time favourite meals. We wanted to commemorate his return to earth with a gastronomical memento to celebrate his achievements – as well as a free treat for local foodie families.
'I hope Tim is looking forward to enjoying a delicious roast dinner with his family when he returns next week.'
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
To celebrate the grand unveiling of the design, the Fieldfare have announced that it will be offering free Sunday Roast Burritos to the first 10 guests who say the word 'Gastronaut' when ordering their food on Sunday 26 June between 3pm and 4pm.
The pub will also be offering Tim and his family free roast dinners for life.