Norwich prison officers put out fire
- Credit: Steve Adams
Prison officers put out a fire at a Norwich jail.
Fire crews from Sprowston, Carrow and Earlham attended a small fire at HMP Norwich on Knox Road at 8.40am today.
A Prison Service spokesman said: 'HMP Norwich staff put out a small fire. There were no injuries to staff or prisoners.
'The fire service attended as a precaution.'
A spokesman for Norfolk police confirmed they had been made aware of a fire at the prison but were not attending.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews who attended used breathing apparatus, hose reel jets and a thermal image camera.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 7 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region