Norwich plant nursery Urban Jungle branches out to Beccles with new cafe and shop
- Credit: darcygladwin.com
After 17 years a garden centre and cafe is aiming to bloom as it opens a second store – creating more than 15 jobs.
Urban Jungle, which is based in Ringland Lane, Costessey, opened a new branch in Weston, near Beccles, on Saturday as it crossed the county border for the first time.
The tropical plant nursery has also opened a second Café Jungle at the London Road site, which will serve organic food with all the vegetables grown on site.
There have been 15 staff hired as part of the expansion and Urban Jungle said more jobs are in the pipeline.
Owner Liz Browne, who founded the firm in 2001, said: 'Business has boomed in the last few years and I put this down to the sheer hard work and determination of our team, their passion for plants, and great advice to customers so they buy the right plants for their gardens.'
You may also want to watch:
The new centre is on the former Evergreens garden centre site.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof