Britain’s Got Talent judges say no to Norwich panto star despite loving his jokes
- Credit: PA
He made Simon Cowell crack up at his first audition, but Ben Langley's lyrical LOLs weren't enough to earn him a place in the Britain's Got Talent live shows.
The 43-year-old from Shimpling near Diss appeared on last night's episode of the ITV talent competition to find out whether Mr Cowell and his fellow judges Alesha Dixon, Amanda Holden and David Walliams had picked him out of hundreds of other hopefuls to go through to the next stage.
However the comedian, who often takes centre stage in the Norwich Theatre Royal Christmas pantomime, didn't get the answer he was looking for.
After featuring several times throughout the episode, Mr Langley was ultimately sent home by the judges.
Speaking to the camera crew, he said: 'I wanted to go on in the competition and they said no.'
You may also want to watch:
While other acts including DJ Murray Mint and singer Shaquille Rayes also missed out, fans on social media were mostly aggrieved at Langley's departure.
@LA00017 wrote on Twitter: 'Really sad to see that @BenLangley didn't go through on @BGT - definitely was one of my favourite comics. He was brilliantly funny and different to anything I have seen.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
@OwenBrett1 posted: 'Are the judges suffering from amnesia! I thought Ben Langley was brilliant!'
@TheDeviousDitto tweeted: 'Can't believe @BenLangley didn't get through one of my favourite acts from auditions.'
@CharlotteTay91 wrote: 'Outraged @BenLangley didn't get through but the woman who sings and eats cake did! He was one of the best acts!'
Langley himself posted on Twitter: 'I hoped I'd go through. Tonight I celebrate hope. It's what keeps us going isn't it? £BGT £TheBenLangleyShow Thank you all for your most £lush support.'
Norwich singing duo, Jack and Tim will be taking part in the live shows after Simon Cowell gave them the golden buzzer after an emotional performance.
The Britain's Got Talent live semi-finals begin on Monday at 7.30pm on ITV.
Britain's Got Talent continues on Saturday at 8pm on ITV.