Norwich mothers launch blog to help others with post-natal depression
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Two Norwich mothers committed to fighting the stigma around post-natal depression have started a blog in order to reach more people.
Annalise Green and Mel Ferdani first met when two of their children became friends at school more than three years ago.
And they started a Youtube channel - Annalise and Mel Mummy Mayhem - with the aim of easing the stresses of parenthood.
But since their vlog took off the pair have now turned to the written word, to ensure more people get their message.
Mother-of-four Ms Green, 28, said: 'It has the same underlying message really, that we want to help and support mums if they're feeling lonely or struggling but it's another platform. YouTube is not for everyone.'
And she said the flexibility of the blog also meant her and mother-of-three Mrs Ferdani could post at separate times without having to arrange to be in the same place to record.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Green said: 'For example, I wrote one last week called 'the day I broke' when I was having a really, really bad day because I thought if I sat and cried on my own, it's not helping me and it's not helping anyone else.
'So I wrote the blog just to put it out there so others going through the same thing would know their not alone. And being able to do it straight away meant I could express it better, you're in the moment.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
Ms Green has also been spreading the word about post-natal depression through beauty pageants - she was crowned Miss Norfolk Publicity in 2017 and Miss Windsor 2018, as she is originally from Berkshire. And she will be competing in the Miss UK finals this year.
'I'll probably be the only one there who has had four babies and two caesareans,' she said.
But she added the point was to raise awareness of post-natal depression and show it did not have to hold anyone back.
'I really think some good opportunities can come from it for Mummy Mayhem too,' she said.
• Visit the Mummy Mayhem blog at www.mummymayhem.co.uk