‘I’m 30 and can still rock the catwalk’ - Norwich mum enters pageant to prove anything is possible
- Credit: lucy richardson
A single mum from Norwich is celebrating after being crowned Ms UK 2018 at a local modelling competition.
Lucy Richardson who lives in North Earlham spends her days taking care of her eight-year-old child with autism, epilepsy and complex needs, but in her spare time turns her hand at modelling.
As part of this, she entered the Miss and Mr UK experience at the Lenwade House Hotel organised by Norwich-based modelling group, The Kerri Parker Academy.
On Sunday, March 25 she took part in the pageant and was crowned Ms UK 2018.
The 30-year-old said: 'I couldn't believe I won Ms UK 2018, it was a dream come true.
You may also want to watch:
'I entered to help with my confidence and to show others that anything can be done if you put your mind to it - I'm 30 and can still rock the catwalk.'
She added: 'When I won, I was so overwhelmed and tried to hold off tears of happiness. I couldn't have done this without the support of family and friends.'
- 1 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help