‘I’m 30 and can still rock the catwalk’ - Norwich mum enters pageant to prove anything is possible
- Credit: lucy richardson
A single mum from Norwich is celebrating after being crowned Ms UK 2018 at a local modelling competition.
Lucy Richardson who lives in North Earlham spends her days taking care of her eight-year-old child with autism, epilepsy and complex needs, but in her spare time turns her hand at modelling.
As part of this, she entered the Miss and Mr UK experience at the Lenwade House Hotel organised by Norwich-based modelling group, The Kerri Parker Academy.
On Sunday, March 25 she took part in the pageant and was crowned Ms UK 2018.
The 30-year-old said: 'I couldn't believe I won Ms UK 2018, it was a dream come true.
You may also want to watch:
'I entered to help with my confidence and to show others that anything can be done if you put your mind to it - I'm 30 and can still rock the catwalk.'
She added: 'When I won, I was so overwhelmed and tried to hold off tears of happiness. I couldn't have done this without the support of family and friends.'
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 8 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 First patients receive Covid jabs at Norfolk's new mass vaccination centre