‘I’m 30 and can still rock the catwalk’ - Norwich mum enters pageant to prove anything is possible
- Credit: lucy richardson
A single mum from Norwich is celebrating after being crowned Ms UK 2018 at a local modelling competition.
Lucy Richardson who lives in North Earlham spends her days taking care of her eight-year-old child with autism, epilepsy and complex needs, but in her spare time turns her hand at modelling.
As part of this, she entered the Miss and Mr UK experience at the Lenwade House Hotel organised by Norwich-based modelling group, The Kerri Parker Academy.
On Sunday, March 25 she took part in the pageant and was crowned Ms UK 2018.
The 30-year-old said: 'I couldn't believe I won Ms UK 2018, it was a dream come true.
You may also want to watch:
'I entered to help with my confidence and to show others that anything can be done if you put your mind to it - I'm 30 and can still rock the catwalk.'
She added: 'When I won, I was so overwhelmed and tried to hold off tears of happiness. I couldn't have done this without the support of family and friends.'
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 10 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes