Norwich model, poet and actress to appear on Channel 5 documentary
A Norwich woman is due to appear on a new documentary series tonight.
Donna Africa, whose real name is Donna Thompson, is a model, actress, dancer and poet who has already appeared on TV shows such as The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent on ITV and also Channel 4's Four Rooms which sees people try to sell items to some of the country's leading dealers.
But tonight, the Zimbabwe-born 56-year-old, who also appeared in the closing ceremony of the 2012 Olympics in London, will feature on a new show on Channel 5.
On Benefits is an ongoing series profiling some of Britain's welfare recipients with tonight's episode featuring the city woman who has built up an alter-ego as a means to escape a life of hand-outs.
It will also show how she is tentatively trying her hand at online dating.
You may also want to watch:
It can be seen at 8pm tonight.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich