Norwich model, poet and actress to appear on Channel 5 documentary
A Norwich woman is due to appear on a new documentary series tonight.
Donna Africa, whose real name is Donna Thompson, is a model, actress, dancer and poet who has already appeared on TV shows such as The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent on ITV and also Channel 4's Four Rooms which sees people try to sell items to some of the country's leading dealers.
But tonight, the Zimbabwe-born 56-year-old, who also appeared in the closing ceremony of the 2012 Olympics in London, will feature on a new show on Channel 5.
On Benefits is an ongoing series profiling some of Britain's welfare recipients with tonight's episode featuring the city woman who has built up an alter-ego as a means to escape a life of hand-outs.
It will also show how she is tentatively trying her hand at online dating.
You may also want to watch:
It can be seen at 8pm tonight.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'