Norwich man, 23, arrested suspected of causing death by dangerous driving and fleeing scene of fatal crash
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A Norwich man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and failing to stop after a collision following a fatal crash in Cambridgeshire yesterday morning.
The collision occurred on the A1307 near Linton.
The crash involving a motorcycle was reported to police at 3.32am on Wednesday, but police believed another vehicle had been involved and left the scene.
They appealed for help in tracing the driver of a Mercedes Sprinter van.
Ambulance crews attended but the motorcyclist, a man in his 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The 23-year-old man from Norwich was arrested yesterday afternoon.
Enquiries are still ongoing and anyone with any information is asked to call 101 quoting incident 40 of the 29 August. Alternatively, you can report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered