Norwich Laugh In The Park 2017: Russell Kane and Mark Watson among big names as line-up is revealed
- Credit: PA
Russell Kane and Mark Watson are among the big comedy names that have been announced for the this years Laugh In The Park Festival.
Hosted by the Red Card Comedy Club, the festival is set to turn Chapelfield Gardens into comedy central park when it returns from Thursday, July 27 until Sunday, July 30.
Essex comedian Mr Kane has won multiple awards throughout his career, including an Edinburgh Comedy Award.
He has performed at the Hammersmith Apollo as well as hosting multiple television shows such as Live at the Electric, I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here Now and Britain Unzipped.
Fellow Apollo performer, award-winning comedian and author Mr Watson will be joining him.
He is known for, among other things, his appearances on panel shows such as Mock the Week and Have I Got News For You.
Another big name joining the festival for the first time is Hal Cruttenden. As seen on the Royal Variety Performance and Live at the Apollo, the comedian has performed at every major international comedy festival.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 8 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
This year's line-up also includes rap comedy from Abandoman, Eastenders star Terry Alderton, Norfolk-based comedy explorer Tim Fitzhigham, Tiffanny Stevenson, David Morgan, Jonny and the Baptists, Ian Stone, Ninia Bejamin, Sean Collins, John Mann, Jeff Innocent and The Noise Next Door.
Organisers say the festival has become a focal point in Norwich's summer of arts and culture programme.
The festival often brings big names in comedy to the park, with Andy Parsons performing last year alongside Stephen K Amos.
The line-up release comes as part of a host of comedy events over the summer, with performances from Reginald D Hunter on June 4 at the Theatre Royal, Russell Brand on June 19 and Katy Brand on June 20.
Gates open from 6pm with a bar and food on offer. Shows start at 8pm.