Norwich ice cream man helps the homeless during one of the hottest days of the year
- Credit: Archant
On one of the hottest days of the year, Gary Butcher, who runs the Ice Cream Parlour on Norwich Market, has offered the homeless free ice creams and bottled water.
The 54-year-old, who is in his fifth season running the stall, said he enjoyed providing for those who are less fortunate.
'In this high peak season, I tend to give our two to three ice creams to those who are homeless,' he said. 'I am thinking of distributing vouchers to exchange for the cool, sweet treats.
'In order to avoid dishonest people taking advantage of my free water and ice lollies, it is best to only offer this service occasionally'.
Mr Butcher hopes that his kind gesture will encourage people to think more about helping the needy.
You may also want to watch:
While Mr Butcher's stall is only open in the summer months, he said he was happy to do his bit during hot periods of weather.
• Are you organising an event to help those less fortunate? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 7 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 8 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 9 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms