Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- Credit: Anglian Water
A second pump failure in as many days has again left a number of Norwich homes without water.
Anglian Water teams were called to the same pump on two occasions on the weekend leaving homes experiencing very low pressure or no water at all.
An Anglian Water said the "brief" failure was fixed within 30 minutes of being reported on Sunday.
An Anglian Water spokesperson said: “Our team has now restored supplies to customers following a brief pump failure which caused some customers in Norwich and surroundings areas to experience a loss of water for a short period of time.
"Teams have been monitoring the network over the weekend to reduce the likelihood of further outages, and again swiftly responded to restore supplies to customers within 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank customers for their patience while we worked to get this fixed.”
Anglian Water teams were called to repair the issue which left a huge area of Norwich with low pressure or no water.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 10 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
Customers reported no water in the city's NR2, NR3 and NR4 postcodes, as well as Taverham and the surrounding area.