Norwich hairdresser wins two industry awards
- Credit: Archant
An award winning Norwich hairdresser has shown he is a cut above the rest after receiving not one but two awards from the Hair Council.
Stewart Martin, who opened Esteem Hair on Timberhill in April 2015 has been named a master craftsman in hairdressing and barbering by the Hair Council.
The awards are only awarded to state registered hairdressers, who have a number of years' experience and have shown a commitment to the industry.
Mr Martin, who is the artistic director of Esteem hair said: "It's nice to be recognised for what you have achieved and what you have been doing in the industry and for hairdressing.
"Everyone here is really pleased," he said.
You may also want to watch:
The awards come as the Hair Council is calling on more hairdressers to be state registered in order to protect the reputation of the industry and to assure the public know they are visiting qualified salons.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17