Norwich golfer named as chairman of sport’s national association
- Credit: Royal Norwich Golf Club
A Norwich golfer has been named as chairman of the sport's national managers association.
Phil Grice of the Royal Norwich Golf Club has been named as the new chairman of the Golf Club Managers Association (GCMA).
Mr Grice, who has experience in golf club management following roles at Haste Hill, Kingswood, and Sprowston, is a long-standing member of the association previously holding the role of communications and marketing director.
He said: 'I understand the expectations that our members have for our association and I hope to guide the GCMA to deliver services and benefits that will allow them to fulfil their personal potential and help drive the golf industry forward.'
The GCMA is the leading authority in golf club management, supporting the development of golf clubs and managers in the UK through education, networking and professional support.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Grice was appointed general manager at Royal Norwich in 2011, and lead the club in relocating to a new venue.
The new site will feature an 18-hole championship course, an academy course and a state-of-the-art club house.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
For further information of Royal Norwich Golf Club please visit www.royalnorwichgolf.co.uk.