Norwich Gin Festival cancelled at short notice
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
A three-day gin festival held in Norwich, due to start this evening, has been cancelled.
Gin Festival was due to be held at St Andrew's Hall from Friday, July 6 to Sunday, July 8.
But the event is now cancelled, after those due to attend shared emails received from the festival with the news.
The screenshot of the email says: 'With great regret we have to announce that Norwich Gin Festival has been cancelled.
'We're very sorry to announce the cancellation of this weekend's Gin Festival in Norwich at The Halls, Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
'You will receive another email soon with more information.'
On The Halls website, a message has been posted on its What's On page to say: 'Unfortunately, Gin Festival have cancelled their event at The Halls, Norwich.' One person on Twitter reached out to festival organisers, asking why it had been 'cancelled at such short notice', saying they had booked hotels for the event.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy
Another said there had been 'complete radio silence'.
The Gin Festival is yet to respond to comment.