Norwich Gin Festival cancelled at short notice
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
A three-day gin festival held in Norwich, due to start this evening, has been cancelled.
Gin Festival was due to be held at St Andrew's Hall from Friday, July 6 to Sunday, July 8.
But the event is now cancelled, after those due to attend shared emails received from the festival with the news.
The screenshot of the email says: 'With great regret we have to announce that Norwich Gin Festival has been cancelled.
'We're very sorry to announce the cancellation of this weekend's Gin Festival in Norwich at The Halls, Norwich.
'You will receive another email soon with more information.'
On The Halls website, a message has been posted on its What's On page to say: 'Unfortunately, Gin Festival have cancelled their event at The Halls, Norwich.' One person on Twitter reached out to festival organisers, asking why it had been 'cancelled at such short notice', saying they had booked hotels for the event.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 10 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
Another said there had been 'complete radio silence'.
The Gin Festival is yet to respond to comment.