Norwich firms go head-to-head in virtual marathon
While thousands of people pounded the streets of London to complete 26.2 miles, two Norwich firms battled it out on treadmills.
A team of five from city-based insurance company Hugh J Boswell went up against a team from Flagship Housing to cover the distance at the Forum in Norwich this morning (Sunday).
To motivate them, the teams watched the Virgin London Marathon on large screens at the Fusion digital gallery. The team from Hugh J Boswell was the first to complete the distance.
The virtual marathon was held to raise funds for the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA), although it is not yet known how much money was raised.
Helen Dodman, from the charity, said they did a 'brilliant job'.
Meanwhile, Flagship Housing's chief executive David McQuade took part in the London marathon in aid of EAAA at the same time. He finished in four hours, 51 minutes and 26 seconds.
EAAA fundraiser Hannah Clay also took part. She completed it in five hours, 43 minutes and 23 seconds. She raised �2,000 for the charity.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge