Firefighters tackle blazes at home and charity shop in same street
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to tackle two fires in the same Norwich street - including a 'fully-developed' blaze at a Break charity shop.
Crews were called to Break charity shop on Cromer Road, in Hellesdon, at just before 1.20am this morning (Wednesday, September 18).
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said it had been a "fully-developed" fire, with a crew from Sprowston sent to deal with it. Crews, wearing breathing equipment, used hose reel jets and ladders to fight the flames and had put them out by 3.25am.
Thermal imaging cameras were also used to identify hot spots in the building.
The shop is now sealed off with blue police tape.
You may also want to watch:
The entrance door has been boarded up and a police car is outside the shop.
A worker in the next door Tesco Express said the police has been there since the early hours of the morning.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
He had heard a suggestion that bins in the charity shop's yard had been set on fire.
Firefighters were later sent to an unoccupied home in the same street at just after 3.30am.
Firefighters from Sprowston and Earlham went to that blaze. They used breathing equipment, water jets and the thermal imaging camera to help them fight the fire.
Traffic was diverted on Cromer Road while crews extinguished the fires. The second fire was out by just before 4.45am.
The fire was in an outbuilding at the back of the property. The timbers of the building, which was sealed off with red and white tape, were still smouldering slightly this morning.
Nobody was in either building at the time the fires broke out and nobody was hurt.