Seven fire crews called to incident at city student block
- Credit: Jamie Honeywood
A large emergency services response was mounted after a 999 call from a block of student flats in Norwich.
The Fire Service said they were called at 3.14am on Tuesday, March 9, to Pablo Fanque House in All Saints Green.
Crews from Sprowston, Carrow, Earlham, Hethersett, Wymondham, Wroxham and Long Stratton were sent, and arrived on scene at 3.26am.
The fire, in a private residence, had been put out before arrival, but emergency services remained on scene for an hour to make the scene safe.
After a thermal imaging camera was used to check for hot spots, the stop message was received at 4.21am.
The ambulance service was not called to the scene, and no-one is believed to have been hurt.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 8 Man and woman found dead in home
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'