‘Delight’ as Norfolk film festival chosen as BAFTA qualifying event
- Credit: PA
A Norfolk film festival has been chosen as an official BAFTA qualifying event.
Films shown at the Norwich Film Festival (NFF), which is in its tenth year, are now eligible to enter the BAFTA short film awards after the NFF was confirmed as a British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) qualifying short film festival.
Held in November, the festival boasts patrons including Stephen Fry and Olivia Colman, and celebrates the best of short films from the UK and around the world.
"It is an incredible honour for the Norwich Film Festival to be selected by BAFTA as one of their qualifying short film festivals," said NFF consultant Craig Higgins.
"Each year we receive a very high standard of British short films and it is a delight that this additional opportunity can help support emerging filmmakers move forward in their careers.
You may also want to watch:
"We are eternally grateful for the support from BAFTA and for the opportunities this will now provide our officially selected British shorts."
Entry for the BAFTA British Short Film and British Short Animation awards are now open, and will close on Tuesday, October 1, with winners will be presented at the British Academy Film Awards in early 2020.
British short films programmed at NFF and one other festival from the qualifying list are eligible to enter. The full rules and guidelines for BAFTA's short film categories are available online.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 9 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 10 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- For more details, visit: www.awards.bafta.org/entry or www.norwichfilmfestival.co.uk.