Norwich Fashion Week 2017: The events you simply can’t miss
- Credit: Steve Adams
Dust off your glad rags and get ready for something special as Norwich Fashion Week prepares to take the fine city by storm.
The annual event, that celebrates and promotes Norwich's vibrant fashion scene, runs from Thursday, March 9 to Friday, March 17 during which time an exciting array of catwalk shows and pop-up activities will take place.
Here's a look at some of the things those with a passion for fashion simply won't want to miss:
Wednesday, March 8
• Norwich Fashion Week Warm-Up, Dipple and Conway, Castle Street, 6-9pm, free event
You may also want to watch:
Get ready for Fashion Week in style with this fun evening event. Taking place at the Dipple and Conway store on Castle Street, the Warm-Up will provide a chance to get expert advice on how to choose the perfect frames and offer guests the opportunity to get a new up-do from one of Norwich's leading vintage hair-stylists.
Thursday, March 9
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
• The Mercedes-Benz of Norwich Retailers Show, OPEN, Bank Plain, doors open at 7.30pm, £15 per ticket
Watch as a mixture of high street and independent brands take to the runway during Fashion Week's big launch. The event is set to showcase the current fashion trends available from local retailers such as Jarrold, John Lewis and Vanilla and has become a firm favourite among fashion fans across the city who are looking to pick up key items for their spring and summer wardrobes.
Friday, March 10
• The Norwich Fashion Jam (part one), The Forum, from 6.30pm, free event
Watch as local fashion bloggers, makers, students, designers and creatives attempt to transform unwanted clothing donated by AgeUK Norwich and Big C into catwalk ready couture collections in just 24 hours.
• The Dipple and Conway Hair and Makeup Show, OPEN, Bank Plain, doors open at 7.30pm, £10 per ticket
A relatively new show, only added to the line-up last year, the Dipple and Conway Hair and Makeup Show returns to celebrate the collaboration between stylists, designers and makeup artists. For 2017 the show has been given a theatrical makeover and will incorporate glamorous body art, dramatic hair styles and of course, gorgeous glasses.
Saturday, March 11
• Fashion Saturday, various locations across the city centre
Prepare to shop until you drop as stores across Norwich hold special Fashion Week events, including selected offers on menswear and womanswear at Jarrold, plus a stylist workshop.
• Spring season style picks, intu Chapelfield, 11am-4.30pm, free to attend
As part of Norwich Fashion Week 2017, intu Chapelfield is hosting a fun, free to attend event on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 March. NFW17 LIVE is a series of short catwalk shows showcasing the best new season styles from the shopping centre's fashion retailers including River Island, House of Fraser, Boux Avenue and Monsoon. Shows are daily at 11am, 11.45am, 12.30pm, 1.15pm, 2pm, 2.45pm, 3.30pm and 4.15pm.
Sunday, March 12
• Dipple and Conway Vintage Pop-Up Store, Dipple and Conway, Castle Street, 10.30am-4pm, free event
For one day only, Dipple and Conway's flagship store in Norwich will be transformed into a vintage eyewear boutique where customers will have the opportunity to purchase exclusive frames from the Dipple and Conway heritage collection, with frames dating back to the 1940s and 50s.
• The Vintage Show sponsored by Zaks Authentic American Diners, OPEN, Bank Plain, doors open at 7.30pm, £10 per ticket
Fans of Studio 54 will be in for a treat at The Vintage Show, which successfully captures the essence of Norwich's vintage boutiques and styling through the ages. With a fun party vibe from start to finish, guests should expect everything from 40s fashion through to 90s cool, plus reworked vintage fabrics. Shops and designers taking part in the show include Butterfly Vintage, Prim and Sue Ryder Vintage.
Monday, March 13
• Fashion Jam (part two), Norwich Castle and Art Gallery, 7-9pm, £8 per ticket
On Monday the time is up for those taking part in Norwich Fashion Jam. After a wild 24 hours, the designers, bloggers and other creators will be showcasing their glamorous collections made purely from charity clothing donations, transforming the iconic Norwich Castle into the most unique catwalk in the fine city.
Tuesday, March 14
• The NCC and Brasted's Designers Show, OPEN, Bank Plain, doors open at 7.30pm, £10 per ticket
Last year the Designers Show brought the circus to the city, this year, expect bigger, better and bolder things from the event that helps put local talent on the map, showcasing everything from work by fashion graduates from Norwich University of the Arts to fashion designers from City College Norwich.
Wednesday, March 15
• Design and Enterprise Day
Those interested in pursuing a career in fashion cannot miss this great day, filled with industry-led talks, presentations and workshops to exhibitions and more. Talks include an Introduction to Visual Merchandising, Fashion Photography, Developing Fashion Events and a Van Dal Shoe Exhibition.
Thursday, March 16
• Norwich Lanes Fashion Night Out
After a two year break, the Norwich Lanes Fashion Night Out Returns to Fashion Week 2017! Enjoy a spot of shopping in the medieval Lanes and experience a few special surprises including pop-up shops and live music.
Friday, March 17
• Fashion Excess
Fashion Excess will feature a catwalk show that fuses alternative style from independent boutiques, the high street and local designers with live music to create an unforgettable evening. Models will be joined on the runway by local bands and big names, including headline act EKKAH, whose addictive brand of dancefloor ready disco pop has earned them praise on both sides of the Atlantic. A late-night wrap party will be taking place following the show, with a DJ, cocktail bar and more.
• Tickets for Norwich Fashion Week are selling fast, to find out more and to see what other events are taking place visit norwichfashion.co.uk