Norwich Fashion Week 2017 kicks off in style with the Mercedes-Benz of Norwich Retailers Show
- Credit: Malwinia Zuk
Norwich Fashion Week 2017 got underway Thursday night with the Mercedes-Benz of Norwich Retailers Show at OPEN.
The seventh annual event, which celebrates and promote's the city's vibrant fashion scene, launched in style as some 24 models took to the runway showcasing more than 16 of the city's most popular brands.
Celebrating the best of both high street and independent retailers, the show featured clothing from Jarrold, House of Fraser, Gallyons, Sahara, East and John Lewis.
During the hour long event, the catwalk was awash with patriotic colours, with red, white and navy blue clearly being the must have shades for this season.
Other noticeable womenswear trends included tailored jackets, floaty shirts, nautical stripes and statement necklaces with tassels.
You may also want to watch:
For men it was all about the tropical print t-shirts (House of Fraser and John Lewis both debuted the same Ted Baker parrot printed top) and neutral toned jackets.
Loud pop music, sleek hair and bright eye makeup were also key components of the show, adding a little extra wow-factor to the fittingly glamorous evening.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
Emma Harrowing, one of Fashion Week's Directors, said: 'Norwich Fashion Week 2017 got off to a great start with the Mercedes-Benz Retailers Show and there are four more catwalk shows to go. All are being held at OPEN Norwich and take on a different element of fashion and style - from the disco era of the 80s at The Vintage Show to the couture and ready to wear pieces made right here in Norfolk at The Designers Show, there is something to suit all tastes.
'We will also be celebrating fashion entrepreneurs at the Design and Enterprise Day on Wednesday March 15 at OPEN Norwich with a free day of talks, workshops and seminars from industry professionals across fashion, photography, heritage and education.
'The week culminates on March 17 with Fashion Excess, a catwalk show featuring live music sets from EKKAH and Happy Coloured Marbles, followed by a club night that lasts until 2am which is sure to see Norwich Fashion Week 2017 out with a bang'
• Join the Fash Pack at the next catwalk show. Tickets for shows are available from the OPEN Norwich box office by calling 01603 763111 or visit opennorwich.org.uk