Norwich Credit Union now available in whole of county
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich Credit Union is expanding its offering to take in the whole of the county so people living or working anywhere in Norfolk can now join.
Previously only open to NR postcode areas, membership of Norwich Credit Union is now open to all addresses.
'This is great news for anyone living or working in Norfolk who has been unable to join the credit union until now,' said Norwich Credit Union president Jon Warne.
'We successfully applied to the FCA1 to expand our 'common bond' membership criteria beyond NR1-35.
'This means we can now offer our range of savings and affordable loan services to people across the county. Outside of Norwich, we'll trade under the name 'Norfolk Save & Borrow', to increase awareness of our services.'
The new rules allow anyone who lives, works or studies in an NR or Norfolk postcode area to join Norwich Credit Union.
This includes postcode areas NR1 to NR35, PE14, PE30, PE31, PE32, PE33, PE34, PE35, PE36, PE37, PE38, IP20, IP21, IP22, IP24, IP25, IP26 and IP27. Membership is also open to small groups in these areas, such as allotment societies, scouts groups and local charities.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 7 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 8 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 9 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 10 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
'Using our payment cards, members can add to their savings at any Post Office and many local shops,'said Mr Warne. 'We also offer online balance checking, and a prepaid debit card which can be used in shops and online.'
Membership of the credit union costs £1 (free for under-18s) and a £1 annual administration fee. No interest is paid on savings, but members may receive an annual dividend. Prospective members can apply online, but will also need to visit a service point with two forms of ID to prove their identity and current address.
For more information call 01603 764904, 07504 433758, or visit www.norwichcreditunion.org.uk