Norwich competition winner helps Cinderella go to the ball
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Cinderella is set to go to the ball this Christmas in a special dress designed by eight-year-old Eva Collishaw-Briggs.
The Norwich youngster is the winner of a competition to design the fairytale character's costume for the The Garage and All-In Productions' show My First Panto: Cinderella which will run from December 9 to 24.
Eva's winning design will see Cinderella don a beautiful blue gown decorated with glitter, feathers, lace and a bow.
Her mum Claire Collishaw said Eva was delighted to have her idea picked.
She said: 'She's been incredibly excited since The Garage announced her as the winner and can't wait to see the finished dress and watch the panto!'
More than 100 children had entered the competition, and Adam Taylor, executive director of The Garage, said judges were really impressed by all the designs which showed a lot of creativity.
He said: 'We thought that Eva's picture was fabulous, the use of feathers, glitter and lace made Cinderella's dress very special indeed.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 6 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 7 Norfolk holiday home named one of the best in the UK
- 8 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 9 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 10 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
Dan Burgess, artistic director of All-In Productions, said: 'It's a great pleasure to welcome Eva to the creative team as gown designer of My First Panto: Cinderella.
'I was completely blown away by Eva's design and how detailed it was, in specifying the types of materials and fabrics that would be used in the construction of the final piece. Possibly a fashion or costume designer of tomorrow!'
As well as having her design turned into Cinderella's dress for the show, Eva will also receive a goody bag, a keepsake dress, tickets to the pantomime and a free space on a class at The Garage.
The runners-up in the competition include: six-year-old Emma Campbell from Thorpe St Andrew; seven-year-old Kanak Jaswal from Norwich; eight-year-old Ruby Hynes from Peterborough; and six-year-old Elise Jarvis from Badersfield.
They will all be given a free place on a class at The Garage.
My First Panto: Cinderella is designed to be a festive introduction to the theatre for children aged two to five and their families.
The show is interactive and children will be given the chance to do everything from helping Cinderella clean up the messy house to finding ingredients for the fairy godmother's spells to dancing at the prince's ball.
My First Panto: Cinderella is at The Garage from December 9 to 24. Tickets cost £10 for adults and £6 for children. Under-ones are free.
For more information and to book tickets, call 01603 598646 or visit www.thegarage.org.ukDo you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org