Norwich City fans named Premier League’s best
Norwich City fans have topped the table as the best behaved in the Premier League.
The award, handed out by Premier League officials who rate every team's support during the season, also netted a �20,000 cash boost for the club.
The Canaries beat Fulham and Sunderland to the honour.
Robin Sainty, Independent Norwich City Supporters Club chairman, said the award was 'another feather in the cap'.
'It's not a massive surprise, but it's a pat on the back for the City faithful,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'I can't say I have observed a lot of crowd trouble in the Premier League this season, but to be picked as the best is nice to hear.'
He said Canaries fans had been respected by other teams on their return to the Premier League.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
'The travelling support has been great this season – the behaviour has been excellent, but the atmosphere has always been raucous. Giving the team all the support we can but without upsetting anyone: it's been the perfect combination.
'For example, there's quite a bond between us and the Manchester City fans because they made the point on their forums that even though they gave us a bit of a drubbing, our fans kept going all through the game.
'It's a very difficult tightrope to walk, to get there in numbers but not encourage the lunatic fringe but we've been able to strike the balance this season.'
Premier League delegates at every game mark the crowd on their support for their own team, and recognition of the opposition.
Mr Sainty added: 'It's a completely subjective thing, but they came to the right decision.'