Hundreds of Canaries fans meet their football heroes at Norwich shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 Norwich City fans queued in anticipation to meet their football heroes at a special meet and greet event.
Rows of people with their shirts, photos and cards at the ready lined the ground floor of Chapelfield shopping centre to meet Norwich City players Emi Buendia and Jamal Lewis on Wednesday afternoon.
For some of the children in the crowds it brings a sweet end to their Christmas holidays as many will head back to school this week.
Some fans also had the chance to meet footballer Ivo Pinto, who made a fleeting visit to the Canaries Official store to speak to supporters.
Also among the crowds was Community Sports Foundation junior ambassador Jamie Abbott, the namesake of Norwich City Football Club's annual Jamie's Game, which welcomes stars from the worlds of film, television, music and sport to take part in a charity football match.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 4 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 5 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 6 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
- 7 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 8 Burglars cut hole in fence to steal Labrador from kennel
- 9 Customers slam boss of axed music festival over refusal to refund deposits
- 10 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person