Norwich City chairman Ed Balls and Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran named amongst the nation’s weird crushes
- Credit: Archant
One is a global singing superstar and the other is a politician come dancer but these Eds have more in common than you may think.
Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran and Norwich City chairman Ed Balls have both made Heat magazine's list of the nations weirdest crushes.
Sheeran came third with Balls flagging behind in eleventh in the poll topped by EastEnders star Jake Wood.
He beat the likes of Alan Carr, Ricky Gervais and Eamonn Holmes to the top of the Heat magazine list, which includes recent reality show favourites Rylan Neal-Clark and James Cosmo.
Wood, who plays London bad boy Max Branning in the BBC soap, joked that he had already started working on his campaign to hold the position for a fourth year.
You may also want to watch:
After knocking comedian Matt Richardson from the throne in 2015, he said: 'To win one was amazing, two was unbelievable, and I think I'm going to have to go have a lie down for a bit with this one.
'I don't think it'll ever be topped by anyone ever again ... I'm definitely not resting on my laurels, though.'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
Heat editor Suzy Cox said that the award, which has previously been won by celebrity illusionist Derren Brown, Karl Pilkington and Jeremy Clarkson, celebrates 'unconventional objects of affection' and champions 'cheeky eye twinkles and receding hairlines' as much as 'well-crafted physiques'.