Norwich church football team through to national cup semi-final
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich church football team has made it to the semi-finals of a national competition.
Heigham Park Rangers, linked to St Thomas' Church on Earlham Road, takes on Kay Street Baptist FC in the National Christian Cup this weekend.
Co-manager and player Daniel Henery, 23, said he was 'quite confident' of a win.
He said: 'They are coming down here from Lancashire on Saturday, and I have checked them out in the league.
'At home we have only lost once in the league, so I am quite confident.'
You may also want to watch:
Heigham Park Rangers won 2-1 against South Ealing in the quarter finals on February 24, Mr Henery said.
And in the third round they won 1-0 against Woodside Baptist.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
Mr Henery said in the Norfolk Christian League the team finished third this season, nine points from the top.
Heigham Park Rangers is playing on April 14 at Recreation Road at 3pm.