Norwich church football team through to national cup semi-final
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich church football team has made it to the semi-finals of a national competition.
Heigham Park Rangers, linked to St Thomas' Church on Earlham Road, takes on Kay Street Baptist FC in the National Christian Cup this weekend.
Co-manager and player Daniel Henery, 23, said he was 'quite confident' of a win.
He said: 'They are coming down here from Lancashire on Saturday, and I have checked them out in the league.
'At home we have only lost once in the league, so I am quite confident.'
You may also want to watch:
Heigham Park Rangers won 2-1 against South Ealing in the quarter finals on February 24, Mr Henery said.
And in the third round they won 1-0 against Woodside Baptist.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 9 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
Mr Henery said in the Norfolk Christian League the team finished third this season, nine points from the top.
Heigham Park Rangers is playing on April 14 at Recreation Road at 3pm.