Norwich church football team through to national cup semi-final
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich church football team has made it to the semi-finals of a national competition.
Heigham Park Rangers, linked to St Thomas' Church on Earlham Road, takes on Kay Street Baptist FC in the National Christian Cup this weekend.
Co-manager and player Daniel Henery, 23, said he was 'quite confident' of a win.
He said: 'They are coming down here from Lancashire on Saturday, and I have checked them out in the league.
'At home we have only lost once in the league, so I am quite confident.'
You may also want to watch:
Heigham Park Rangers won 2-1 against South Ealing in the quarter finals on February 24, Mr Henery said.
And in the third round they won 1-0 against Woodside Baptist.
- 1 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
Mr Henery said in the Norfolk Christian League the team finished third this season, nine points from the top.
Heigham Park Rangers is playing on April 14 at Recreation Road at 3pm.