Norwich chef Richard Bainbridge announced as Veteran Judge for Great British Menu 2017
- Credit: Steve Adams
The line-up for Great British Menu 2017 has been revealed and includes Norwich chef Richard Bainbridge.
This year the BBC Two competition will celebrate 140 years of the Wimbledon Championships with a Taste of Summer theme.
Contenders will be challenged to create dishes for a banquet held in the grounds of Wimbledon.
Bainbridge, who owns Benedicts Restaurant in Norwich, will play a crucial role as a Veteran Judge in the series, which is set to air later this year.
The Norwich-based chef previously competed on the show four times, managing to win over the judges with his cooking in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'Being asked back to Great British Menu is like a dream come true, I'm super excited, I get to be part of a show I love without all the hard work.
'Every time I entered the show, I'd say 'one day I'll be a judge on here' and slowly but surely I've managed to get there. I can't believe it.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach