Norwich chef Richard Bainbridge announced as Veteran Judge for Great British Menu 2017
- Credit: Steve Adams
The line-up for Great British Menu 2017 has been revealed and includes Norwich chef Richard Bainbridge.
This year the BBC Two competition will celebrate 140 years of the Wimbledon Championships with a Taste of Summer theme.
Contenders will be challenged to create dishes for a banquet held in the grounds of Wimbledon.
Bainbridge, who owns Benedicts Restaurant in Norwich, will play a crucial role as a Veteran Judge in the series, which is set to air later this year.
The Norwich-based chef previously competed on the show four times, managing to win over the judges with his cooking in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'Being asked back to Great British Menu is like a dream come true, I'm super excited, I get to be part of a show I love without all the hard work.
'Every time I entered the show, I'd say 'one day I'll be a judge on here' and slowly but surely I've managed to get there. I can't believe it.'
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed