Norwich charity offers women’s empowerment course
- Credit: OPEN
Norwich charity OPEN Youth Trust (OPEN) is offering a free course designed to empower women.
Funding from Jarrold Staff Charity Challenge has allowed OPEN to offer Girl's Only Empowerment Classes.
The 12 week course for young girls aged between 11 and 18, will offer a choice of self-defence classes, non-contact boxing and Girl Warrior Training classes at OPEN's gym.
Grainne Buckley, head of fundraising said: 'We want to empower young women to allow them to take control of their bodies, and one way to so this is to offer them free exercise.
'Young people are under unprecedented stress, a stress that older generations can only begin to understand. The result is worsening unhappiness, loneliness, decreasing self-esteem and self-worth.'
You may also want to watch:
The course will start in the autumn, to take part contact Alex Walters by emailing email@example.com or 01603 763111
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs