Pop-up Christmas card shop returns to Norwich for 2021
- Credit: Archant
The Original Norwich Charity Christmas Card Shop is back open for 2021 and each year it raises thousands of pounds.
The shop is located inside St Peter Mancroft Church, opposite The Forum, and is open now until December 18 from 10.30am to 2.30pm Monday to Saturday.
On sale are not just cards but calendars, wrapping paper, tags and other seasonal items.
The pop-up shop is now in its 56th year and it is run by around 100 volunteers, with customers asked to pay by card if possible.
It will raise money for a whole host of local charities, including East Anglia's Children's Hospices, Norwich Samaritans and St Martins Housing Trust, alongside national and international causes.
In 2020, £18,000 was raised and each charity has its own section and range of cards.
There will also be a raffle of Christmas hampers to raise funds to cover costs.
- 1 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 2 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm