Norwich Cathedral cloister is being transformed into setting for Tulip Fever film
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
Work is well under way to transform Norwich Cathedral's cloister into a setting for the film Tulip Fever which features an impressive cast list including Dame Judi Dench.
As these pictures show, an array of plants and greenery has been brought into the historic venue in preparation for filming to begin.
Meanwhile, crews were today arriving in the city in lorries ahead of fiming.
Tulip Fever is based on the novel by Deborah Moggach who also penned The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
The 17th-century romance tells the story of an artist who falls for a married young woman while he's commissioned to paint her portrait.
You may also want to watch:
Dame Judi Dench is among the Tulip Fever cast listed on film website IMDb alongside Christoph Waltz (Django Unchained and Water for Elephants), Holliday Grainger (Jane Eyre, The Borgias, and Anna Karenina), Zach Galifianakis (The Hangover and Due Date), and British model Cara Delevingne. Justin Chadwick, listed as the film's director, previously directed The Other Boleyn Girl and Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.
The film company is expected to be at Norwich Cathedral until June 25. Access to parts of the cathedral may be restricted during the filming but the cathedral will remain open and services will take place as normal.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault