Norwich Castle adds work by contemporary artists to its collection
- Credit: Archant
Art lovers will be able to see work by six leading contemporary artists as Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery increases its collection.
The Castle has acquired works by Oreet Ashery, Joe Moran, Broomber and Chanarin, Eva Rothschild, Francesco Pedraglio and Patrick Coyle.
Dr Rosy Gray, Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery curator, said: 'We have acquired the most incredible acquisitions for our contemporary art collection across a range of media including print, sculpture and performance.
'The opportunity to share work of such calibre with our audiences is a wonderful legacy for this exceptional project.'
The pieces have been supplied by Fig-Futures which organised 16 week-long shows featuring work by 18 artists in galleries around the country.
You may also want to watch:
The first chance for audiences to see some of the new work comes on May 11 when Joe Moran's durational dance work Singular will be presented as part of the Norfolk and Norwich Festival programme.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?