Norwich care home wins Ainsley Harriot’s approval
- Credit: Nick Ray
Brooklands Care Home, near Norwich, has been awarded a top-of-the-range gas barbecue by celebrity chef Ainsley Harriot for their 'Ritzy' Afternoon Tea events.
The announcement, made yesterday, was in response to a competition launched by Ainsley earlier this year, aimed at encouraging all the homes in Brooklands group to come up with new, creative and innovative dining experiences for residents, that can be sustained in the coming years.
Cathy Charley, home manager, said: 'What a fantastic result! The team have worked so hard to come up with a truly wonderful idea that will have a really beneficial impact on our residents for years to come. I am so proud that they are being rewarded.'
Ainsley sampled some of the treats that are offered at the monthly 'Putting on the Ritz' tea parties, including cheese scones and straws, sausage rolls, meringues, sponge drops, chocolate cake and cream horns. He also tried smoothies from the home's newly developed Smoothie Menu.
Ainsley said of the Costessey Lane home: 'It is very heartening to see a care home investing so much in not just the quality of the food they are serving to their residents but also the way in which they serve it. Keeping elderly people stimulated and interested in food is so important and ultimately life enhancing. Well done Brooklands!'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 10 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021