Norwich care home stars in festival show
- Credit: supplied
Residents of a Norwich care home have been taking to the stage for the Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
Corton House residential home took part in the performance Seen but not Heard via a live video link with Norwich Arts Centre last Tuesday.
Watching from their lounge, the residents of the City Road residential home became key performers in the show along with the audience at Norwich Arts Centre.
The residents had also been the inspiration for the project, as Norwich-based Odd Comic artists Dot Howard and Holly Bodmer wrote Seen but not Heard in response to their stories of bygone plays, past trips to the theatre and the difficulty that they have accessing late-night performances.
With support from Norwich Arts Centre they created an interactive performance that allowed the residents to enjoy a festival show from the comfort of their lounge.
You may also want to watch:
Dot Howard, from Odd Comic, said: 'There was a real element of risk - online video links are well-known to fail! - but from the moment the audiences saw each other on the screens I knew something special was happening.'
Seen But Not Heard was was part of Norwich Arts Centre's [Live] Art Club programme for the Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
For more about [Live] Art Club events, visit www.norwichartscentre.co.uk