12 stunning pictures of beautiful Norwich in Bloom gardens
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Norwich's finest gardens were on show at the Britain in Bloom competition on Saturday and here are our cherry-picks.
The competition awards the best community gardens across the country and local community gardening group, Norwich in Bloom, rose to the challenge with a whistle-stop tour of the city's green highlights.
The tour started at the Great Hospital with its manicured grounds before heading to the Plantation Gardens which was left abandoned until 1980 and now celebrated for its rugged foliage.
Smaller-scale but equally blossoming gardens were on route too with stops at Wall Road allotments, which produce fruit and vegetables, and the hanging baskets at the Adam and Eve pub.
Julie Brociek-Coulton, a Labour councillor for Norwich and member of Norwich in Bloom, said: "Gardens are a prominent and vital part of the city and the tour showed how strong our community is."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 9 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available