Norwich branch of Freedom from Torture organises ceilidh event
The Norwich support group of the Freedom from Torture charity is hosting the Gaelic social gathering of ceilidh on Saturday, February 25.
Live band, The Red Herrings, will be joined by Alan Helsdon, who will act as caller for the evening to guide guests through the dances so that even novices can join in.
The event is being held at the Trinity United Reformed Church's hall, on Unthank Road, to raise money for the Freedom from Torture charity.
Doors will open for the event at 7.15pm, to start at 7.30pm, costing �5 per person, with a bar and snacks available.
The Norwich Group have held a host of successful events over the years, including ceilidhs and its annual Bishop's Garden Party, which last year raised over �800.
You may also want to watch:
To buy tickets in advance for the ceilidh, call 01603 615875.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 6 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 7 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 10 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing