Norwich-born actress Olivia Colman nominated for Golden Globe award for role in The Night Manager
- Credit: BBC/The Ink Factory/Des Willie
Olivia Colman has been nominated for a Golden Globe award for her performance in the BBC One drama The Night Manager.
The Norwich-born actress was given the nod in the best supporting actress in a series, limited series or TV movie category for her work in the spy thriller.
It is her second nomination for the role of Angela Burr after being put up for an Emmy.
The former Norwich High School for Girls and Gresham's School pupil is up against Chrissy Metz, Lena Headey, Mandy Moore and Thandie Newton in the category.
Her co-stars in the show Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie have also been nominated with the drama collecting four nominations in total.
You may also want to watch:
The 42-year-old is best known for playing DS Ellie Miller in the ITV drama Broadchurch, winning a host of awards for her portrayal.
Other British talent up for awards includes Charlotte Rampling, Riz Ahmed and Dev Patel.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 6 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 7 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
The Golden Globes will be held on January 8 and will be hosted by Jimmy Fallon.