Norwich bookshop named one of Britain's best
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A Norwich bookshop has been named as one of the 10 best independent bookshops in Britain.
Publisher Louise Boland named Bookbugs and Dragon Tales, run by Leanne and Dan Fridd, in a Top 10 she wrote for The Guardian newspaper to mark Independent Bookshop Week.
She wrote of the Timber Hill shop: "The wonderfully named children’s bookshop opened in 2019 but is already an essential community hub.
"When able to, it runs a full and very popular schedule of children’s activities such as Little Dragons Drama Class, Babybugs Bounce & Rhyme, Storytime and Baby Signing, but there are classes for adults too – mindfulness and creative writing as well as art classes, book clubs and craft workshops.
"It also has a cafe with a great selection of cakes, and the walls are decorated with murals painted and designed by local and visiting artists and illustrators."
Last year, the shop produced a video celebrating Timber Hill to mark its reopening after coronavirus lockdown.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected