Norwich alleyway closed after tiles fall from top of building in city centre
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
An alleyway off Prince of Wales Road in Norwich remains closed off after a number of tiles fell from the top of a multi-storey office building.
The footpath next to Kwik-Fit has been closed for two weeks after a number of tiles fell from the top of Grosvenor House into the alleyway.
The building is home to a number of businesses, some of which had to close for a short period of time after the rubble fell.
Norwich City Council confirmed that their health and safety team and highways team were not involved with the closure of the alleyway.
In March, Norwich City Council approved a planning application to turn Grosvenor House into 29 one-bed flats and 55 two-bed flats.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 9 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 10 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years