Norwich alleyway closed after tiles fall from top of building in city centre
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
An alleyway off Prince of Wales Road in Norwich remains closed off after a number of tiles fell from the top of a multi-storey office building.
The footpath next to Kwik-Fit has been closed for two weeks after a number of tiles fell from the top of Grosvenor House into the alleyway.
The building is home to a number of businesses, some of which had to close for a short period of time after the rubble fell.
Norwich City Council confirmed that their health and safety team and highways team were not involved with the closure of the alleyway.
In March, Norwich City Council approved a planning application to turn Grosvenor House into 29 one-bed flats and 55 two-bed flats.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 10 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals